RC343 Investigative Support Officer - Yorkshire & Humber Regional Economic Crime Unit **External + 4 Forces**
Investigative Support Officer
Regional Economic Crime Unit
1 x 37 hour permanent post
The Yorkshire & Humber Regional Economic Crime Unit are looking to recruit an Investigative Support Officer to assist with Serious and Complex Crime investigations.
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the criminal investigation team. The role will include the preparation of complex prosecution case files for serious crime, lead disclosure responsibilities and a requirement to attend court to give evidence in relation to disclosure matters, obtain statements and to complete actions as directed by Senior Investigating Officer(s).
To apply you should have current knowledge of the Criminal Procedures and Investigations Act 1996, and confidence in utilising electronic case management systems. The candidate will need to demonstrate excellent organisation and communication skills to be able to work with the investigations team, the Crown Prosecution Team and members of the public. You must also be comfortable working both independently and alongside others in a demanding environment.
In addition you must be able to work flexible hours to suit business needs, have the ability to travel for business purposes and be willing to work at other sites across the regional area other than your normal place of work.
The successful candidate will be subject to personal and financial vetting checks prior to appointment.
If you require any additional information on this post, please contact T/DS Rachel Greenfield on 01924 821335
The YH ROCU supported by West Yorkshire Police offer the following schemes and benefits to all police staff
Flexible Working Policy & Flexi-time Scheme
• Staff are supported where the requirements of the role allows to work on a flexible and agile basis. This includes the provision of an agile working kit to enable employees to work from home and alternative locations as appropriate and agreed by Line Managers and Senior Leaders.
• Flexible working is any work pattern adapted to suit both the needs of the employer and the member of staff and is intended to help achieve a better work/life balance.
• Flexi-time allows individuals fluidity to flex their start and finish times each day within the parameters of a ‘bandwidth’ period and take additional hours as Flexi leave subject to agreement
• Option to purchase additional Annual Leave subject to agreement
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Secure benefits – the scheme provides you with a future income, independent of share prices and stock market fluctuations
• At a low cost to you – with tax efficient savings and lower National Insurance contributions for most people under State Pension age
• Your employer pays in too – the scheme is provider by your employer who meets the balance of the cost of providing your benefits in the LGPS
• More information is available at www.lgpsmember.org
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Programme is a confidential service that provides all employees with complimentary access to a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7, both online (educational resources, webinars, health trackers/plans, articles from industry leading experts) and over the telephone (advice, guidance, listening). The service is confidential and allows people to speak with a qualified professional about matters such as; stress and anxiety, family issues, work related issue, debt problems and other legal matters.
WYP Car lease Scheme
• The scheme allows staff to lease a brand-new car for a period of up to 3 years via a salary sacrifice agreement from their pay
• No deposit is needed and all insurance, servicing and maintenance, breakdown cover and tyres care covered by the lease deduction
WYP Cycle 2Work Scheme
• This is a salary sacrifice scheme which enables staff and officers to hire bicycles. Hire cost is free from Income tax and National insurance Contributions. The maximum value of the scheme is £2,500. https://www.cycle2work.info/
Blue Light Card
• A Blue Light Card provides those in the NHS, emergency services, social care sector and armed forces with discounts online and on the high street. A range of official discounts are available from large national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more. The card costs £4.99 for a 2 year membership. www.bluelightcard.co.uk
The Yorkshire & Humber Regional Organised Crime Unit is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are committed to building a service that reflects a wide variety of skills, knowledge, perspectives and backgrounds. We strive for individuals to feel included regardless of ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, religion, belief, socio economic status or appearance, and we particularly encourage applicants from under-represented groups to support us in achieving this.
The application process will close at 23:55 hours on the 22nd August 2022.
The post is suitable for job share.
West Yorkshire Police is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the diverse communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should be aware that it is not always possible to carry out adequate vetting checks on persons who have not been resident within the UK for the last five years. Therefore, where this applies, applicants may be refused because it was not possible to vet them to the appropriate standard.
For a detailed description of the Competency and Values levels required please refer to the http://www.college.police.uk/What-we-do/Development/competency-and-values-framework/Documents/Competency-and-Values-Framework-for-Policing_4.11.16.pdf (This link may be copied and pasted into your browser). This document will assist you in completing the Evidence of Achievement section of the application form. Please note: the Evidence of Achievement section will not be visible until the employment section has been completed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.