RC352 Regional Sensitive Intelligence Unit Manager **External**
Regional Sensitive Intelligence Unit Manager
Regional Organised Crime Unit
1 full time 37hr post
The Yorkshire and Humber Regional Organised Crime Unit are looking to recruit a Regional Sensitive Intelligence Unit Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to be part of the management team leading the Regional Sensitive Intelligence Unit managing risk and national compliance ensuring the Unit contributes to local, regional and national priorities in accordance with the Code of Ethics and NDMM.
We are looking for an individual with proven experience of covert investigation and handling sensitive intelligence.
You will have proven supervisory experience and the ability to make time critical decisions based on assessments of threat, risk and harm.
It is essential that you are conversant with computerised databases and spreadsheets.
You will have a good operational understanding of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000 (RIPA), European Convention of Human Rights (ECHR), Investigative Powers Act 2016 (IPA), Data Protection legislation, the National Intelligence Model and procedures relating to the gathering and disseminating of intelligence.
In addition, you must be prepared to work flexible hours to suit the requirements of the department, participate in an on call stand-by rota and travel across the UK for business purposes.
The successful candidate will be subject to advanced personal and financial vetting checks prior to appointment.
To discuss the role please contact Detective Inspector Lisa Middleton Y&TH ROCU. email@example.com
Applicants should be aware that it is not always possible to carry out adequate vetting checks on persons who have not been resident within the UK for the last five years. Therefore, where this applies, applicants may be refused on the grounds that it was not possible to vet them to the appropriate standard.
West Yorkshire Police and the Y&TH ROCU are committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the diverse communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010.
The YH ROCU supported by West Yorkshire Police offer the following schemes and benefits to all police staff:
Flexible Working Policy & Flexi-time Scheme
• Staff are supported where the requirements of the role allows to work on a flexible and agile basis. This includes the provision of an agile working kit to enable employees to work from home and alternative locations as appropriate and agreed by Line Managers and Senior Leaders.
• Flexible working is any work pattern adapted to suit both the needs of the employer and the member of staff and is intended to help achieve a better work/life balance.
• Flexi-time allows individuals fluidity to flex their start and finish times each day within the parameters of a ‘bandwidth’ period and take additional hours as Flexi leave subject to agreement
• Option to purchase additional Annual Leave subject to agreement
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Secure benefits – the scheme provides you with a future income, independent of share prices and stock market fluctuations
• At a low cost to you – with tax efficient savings and lower National Insurance contributions for most people under State Pension age
• Your employer pays in too – the scheme is provider by your employer who meets the balance of the cost of providing your benefits in the LGPS
• More information is available at www.lgpsmember.org
Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
The Employee Assistance Programme is a confidential service that provides all employees with complimentary access to a complete support network that offers expert advice and compassionate guidance 24/7, both online (educational resources, webinars, health trackers/plans, articles from industry leading experts) and over the telephone (advice, guidance, listening). The service is confidential and allows people to speak with a qualified professional about matters such as; stress and anxiety, family issues, work related issue, debt problems and other legal matters.
WYP Car lease Scheme
• The scheme allows staff to lease a brand-new car for a period of up to 3 years via a salary sacrifice agreement from their pay
• No deposit is needed and all insurance, servicing and maintenance, breakdown cover and tyres care covered by the lease deduction
WYP Cycle 2Work Scheme
• This is a salary sacrifice scheme which enables staff and officers to hire bicycles. Hire cost is free from Income tax and National insurance Contributions. The maximum value of the scheme is £2,500. https://www.cycle2work.info/
Blue Light Card
• A Blue Light Card provides those in the NHS, emergency services, social care sector and armed forces with discounts online and on the high street. A range of official discounts are available from large national retailers to local businesses in a wide range of categories including holidays, cars, days out, fashion, gifts, insurance, phones and much more. The card costs £4.99 for a 2 year membership. www.bluelightcard.co.uk
The application process will close at 23:55 hours on the 4th October 2022.
The post is suitable for job share.
West Yorkshire Police is committed to improving the diversity of its workforce to better reflect the diverse communities we serve. We welcome applications from all minority groups and individuals who identify with one or more of the protected characteristics as defined by the Equality Act 2010.
Applicants should be aware that it is not always possible to carry out adequate vetting checks on persons who have not been resident within the UK for the last five years. Therefore, where this applies, applicants may be refused because it was not possible to vet them to the appropriate standard.
For a detailed description of the Competency and Values levels required please refer to the http://www.college.police.uk/What-we-do/Development/competency-and-values-framework/Documents/Competency-and-Values-Framework-for-Policing_4.11.16.pdf (This link may be copied and pasted into your browser). This document will assist you in completing the Evidence of Achievement section of the application form. Please note: the Evidence of Achievement section will not be visible until the employment section has been completed.
This opportunity is closed to applications.